Housekeeper – Thornton Place
Full Time | Permanent
Sunday-Thursday | Day shift
Reports to Maintenance Supervisor under the direction of the Property Manager
Compensation- $15.50/hr + Benefits and 401k
The housekeeper for Thornton Place is a customer-service oriented professional who is committed to providing tenants with exceptionally clean premises and a great personal experience. First and foremost they will be responsible for the cleanliness of the amenities, office and guest suite and then assisting with maintenance turnover cleaning as needed. They will generally work an eight hour day, five days per week. Overtime is as needed when approved.
- Report to the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Interact with Blanton Turner Principles, employees and associates in a professional manner.
- Interact with residents and tenants with the highest level of customer service and positive, will-do attitude.
- Work proactively with business partners including all vendors and other personnel serving the property and its residents.
Skills & Qualifications
- 1+ years housekeeping experience in hospitality or equivalent
- Ability to prioritize work in an effective manner
- Have self-starting attitude and initiative
- Flexibility, openness and willingness to learn and try new things
- At least two years working with the general public preferred
- Must have good organizational skills and follow directions
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the site.
Primarily responsible for cleaning the amenities, guest suite and office daily by:
- Clean building floors and walls by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Move and arrange furniture as needed.
- Make adjustments and to heating, cooling and ventilating systems.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets. Polish floors as needed.
- Notify supervisor concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Remove debris from driveways and all public areas inside or out.
- Observe precautions required to protect resort and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance :: employee premium covered 100% by Blanton Turner
- Access to Employee Assistance Program
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Short Term Disability :: employee premium covered 100% by Blanton Turner
- Long Term Disability :: employee premium covered 100% by Blanton Turner
- 401k Plan :: Eligible to start participating upon hire and we match dollar for dollar up to 4% and matched funds are vested 100% immediately
- PTO :: Able to accrue up to 16 days in your first year with Blanton Turner. You will accrue an additional day per year each year you work with us up to a maximum of 26 days
- Paid Holidays :: 9 holidays per year (actual days off may vary)
- Family Medical Leave :: Employees may be entitled to 4 work weeks of paid leave for reasons protected under FMLA (For employees who have worked for the company at least twelve months and at least 1250 hours)
About Blanton Turner
Blanton Turner is a Seattle-based property management firm providing multi-family and student housing developers and owners with real estate solutions for a new economy. We're a proven team that has been working together for years. We think like owners, run properties like the multi-million dollar businesses they are, apply insight gained through our extensive background in development, and enjoy having a little fun while we're at it.
Learn more at www.blantonturner.com.